San Gil, March 16, 2020.
Re: Chicamocha Canyon Race 2020
In light of the global COVID-19 situation and the Chicamocha Canyon Race scheduled for June 12–15, 2020, and considering that:
- It is still too early to make final decisions about a possible postponement.
- Our decisions will be as dynamic as the evolution of COVID-19.
- Our priority is the safety and well-being of the whole community.
We announce that:
- As of today, Chicamocha Canyon Race keeps its June 12–15, 2020 dates.
- These dates are not set in stone: depending on how COVID-19 evolves in Colombia and worldwide, we will keep them or make other decisions.
- Any other decision will be announced in good time through our official channels.
- If the event is postponed due to force majeure, there will be no refunds; your registration is guaranteed for the new date.
- We keep working on every aspect of the event.
- We invite the whole running community to keep training, stay alert and follow the specialists' guidance at home, socially and at work.
- We have formed a group of health professionals, who are also athletes, to advise us on how to handle the situation. We will share a video to answer questions and give advice on training; send your questions to info@chicamochacanyonrace.com.
Let's stay calm, keep training and responsibly follow the specialists' guidance. Stay positive and keep moving forward!
We are the canyon warriors!
Chicamocha Canyon Race organizing team
Eight days later, the 2020 edition was postponed: read announcement 002.
- Past editions
- #CCR2020
- #COVID-19




